Friday, June 11, 2010

Florence

Dear Followers,
Such a great day! Today was day 6, day 2 in Florence. Today we went to the Uffizi Museum. I brought a book from home that was was scavenger hunt for Florence. One of the areas was the Iffizi Museum. So I worked on the scavenger hunt while I explored the museum. I earned all 30 points. We went to eat lunch at a pizza place and I share pizza and fries here. Can you believe it? They have fries!!! The only problem... No catsup! The museum was full of many famous painting by the most famous painters. We saw a few paintings by Michaelangelo and DiVinci and Raphael. After the museum we went shopping! It was so much fun! We were going to go on a carousel, but it was closed. It is interesting because places close in the afternoon so people can take a nap. We are going to go tomorrow. My goal for the day is to have 3 gelatos in 1 day. I had a morning gelato with 3 scoops of gelato, whipped cream and little Italian cookies (I posted a picture) After lunch I had a mint and chocolate gelato and after dinner I am having a lemon gelato. Florence is much less busy than Rome and we are enjoying our time here.
Ciao!
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment